Saturday, March 7, 2009

Week 3: Thing #7 Big Huge Labs - Integrative Tools


Arts Education
Originally uploaded by lorrielibrary2
Still exploring what Big Huge Labs has to offer and enjoyed creating my own motivational poster through Motivator. With a blog entitled, Glacier Arts and Minds, you may have guessed that I am a big arts education advocate. The uses are endless! Students could use the Motivator to create posters illustrating idioms, morals, etc. I also liked Magazine Cover, which would be a wonderful tool for students to create an attention-getting summary of their autobiography. It could serve as a final project to an integrated library unit: magazine format, style of writing and biographies.

1 comment:

  1. Lorrie,
    Love this poster! What joy. I too enjoyed BigHugeLabs. Have you used any of these with the kiddos yet? I bet they'd all love to make their own magazine covers to introduce themselves at the beginning of the year.
    Raandi

    ReplyDelete