Under Image Gererators, Robin described Moo Cards, which I am very excited to try! Moo Cards are business cards that you create and personalize using images from Flickr or other sources.
Here is a short clip on Moo Business Cards:
Robin's post reminded me of BigHugeLab's blog which shares ideas and applications that could easily be used or adapted for the classroom. In fact, I found a blog post dedicated to BigHugeLabs in Education which linked me to a site called WEB 2.0 Wednesday Challenge, which is a weekly challenge for students and educators to use web 2.0 tools in the classroom. What a great resource! BigHugeLabs is the challenge for Week 8 and along with the challenge was a list of ideas for teachers:
- Use the badges to create name tags for field trips.
- Use the Trading Cards to create Flora and Fauna Cards
- Create an Avatar to use as with your online presence
- Students created National Park trading cards.
- Create Movie Posters to share about a book or time in History.